Locking valves for bulk solidsSecurely lock conveying lines and containers, even with overpressure and vacuum applications.
Product flows have to be interrupted on a regular basis in everyday life. Be it for maintenance work, at the end of a batch or in the event of a malfunction. In order to securely lock pipes and containers despite the variety of materials and operating conditions, Hosokawa Solids Solutions offers different locking valves in a variety of designs. These can be operated manually or automatically. Variants for pressureless downpipes/containers, vacuum applications or overpressure are also available.
The task could be, for example: Pressure-resistant, dustproof and reliable shut-off of
- abrasive or poorly flowing bulk solids
- at temperatures up to 250°C
- with high availability due to long seal service life and low-maintenance operation
- space saving design
- preventing any escape of product or gases to the outside
Shut-off valves for bulk solids with operating pressures above 0.5 bar comply with the Pressure Equipment Directive 2014/68/EU.
Typical examples of bulk material shut-off devices:
- Slide gate valve
- Rotary gate valve
- Butterfly valve
- Chambered airlocks
- Segmented shut-off devices
Hosokawa Solids Product RangeLocking valves
- Slide gate valve, FSH-FSP-FSE type: Dustproof shut-off of powdery to granular and lumpy bulk materials, with different flange dimensions, as an emergency valve, e.g. for maintenance and as a process valve, made to measure.
- Dust Tight Slide Gates: Dustproof and pressure-resistant shut-off of bulk materials, with pneumatic hollow sectioning sealing, made to measure.
- Pivoting shutter, SSP type: Pressure-resistant locking valves for pressure/vacuum containers, pipes or reactors, free passage when slide valve is open, slide valve plate does not pass through the housing for opening/closing.
- Chamber valve, DSP type: Discharge and dosing from a pressure/vacuum system or injection e.g. into a reactor, filling and emptying discontinuously, barrier for gases or vapours.
- Butterfly valves, DKA-DKH type: Dustproof, pressure-resistant and vacuum-tight locking valve for silos, containers and pipelines, special design for bulk materials, simple, cost-effective construction, low overall height, easy to dismantle, easy to maintain.
- Solids Disc valve, DKA-hygienic type: Dustproof, pressure-resistant and vacuum-tight locking valve for silos, containers and pipelines, special design for bulk materials,
Hygienic design according to EHEDG guidelines
- Segment locking valves, BPP type: Locking valve under silos and containers, for coarse products, robust construction, large cross sections.